Friday, January 20, 2012

burp cloths

my sister's shower was this past weekend! she and my brother in law were happy so i'm happy. and once i got home, i promptly got sick and was stuck in bed unable to eat anything for a day and a half. oof. i dragged myself to work yesterday and stumbled around until i could go home and crawl back into bed. but on to happier things!

as a part of my sister's shower gift, i made her some cute burp cloths. i had seen a few tutorials around the web and decided that it would be a simple and practical project to tackle. and i figured if my sister has a barfing baby over her shoulder, she should at least have something cute to catch the barf. apparently, burp cloths made from cloth diapers make awesome, super absorbent burp cloths. i used this tutorial by sew she sews. so easy and fast to make! just don't run out of thread like i did...


i found these diapers at target. nice and plush.


the joann fabrics that i went to didn't have the greatest selection of flannels so i went with regular quilting fabric.



tad dah! finished burp cloths!

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful & practical gift! They turned out so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks lisa! they were so satisfyingly easy to make that i can't wait to make some more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I babysit a lot now so this is awesome! Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this tutorial youngmi! So cute! I will definitely make some for my own use. Thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so i was totally stalking your blog today and came across this - I had no idea burp cloths could be SO cute! I wish I had done this during the few weeks I had off before Diya arrived. maybe for the next one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay! make another baby and i'll definitely make you some :) my sister really likes hers!

    ReplyDelete