Wednesday, June 20, 2012

i heart boston



an americorps VISTA friend is leaving boston for grad school in new york. it's always so sad to say farewell to a friend but i'm thankful that she'll still be on the east coast and just a bus ride away. as a good luck gift, i made her a little canvas to remind her of her years in boston. i used my cricut to cut the shape of massachusetts from a map showing her neighborhood. a little red heart marks boston and the edges i painted yellow which is her favorite color. the edges were a little rough so i'll have to experiment some more on future projects.

good luck and visit us soon ash!

4 comments:

  1. I heart this! How hard is it to use a cricut? I feel like doing this for every place I've lived in and just have a wallfull of canvases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love my cricut! it's so easy to use and super versatile especially if you invest in sure cuts a lot. i love the idea of an entire wall of these! please do share a photo if you do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute and personalized gift! I think I'll have to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks! i would love to see what you come up with :)

    ReplyDelete