Friday, June 1, 2012

scrapbooking... 2010 complete!

i can't express how satisfying it is to complete a scrapbook.


it takes ages for me to finish one of these and i love putting in the last page and then lugging it over to my bookcase (these babies are heavy).

i'm oddly very shy and secretive about my scrapbooking. it's almost more like a diary or journal than a photo album. a part of me cringes when someone flips though one of my albums ("will they think i'm crazy? will they think it's bad??") and i usually yell out, "don't read the journaling!" but i'm trying to be prouder about who i am and what i love to do so i thought i'd share a couple of pages here just to put myself out there a little and to try and get over my crafting shyness.

i usually don't do the one-photo-per-page thing but this deserved its own page. at the age of 27... i finally got my drivers license.

my scrapbooks were usually filled with photos from gatherings with friends or special events. i'm finding that i take less and less photos each year and i don't take as many when i'm out and about with friends. so for this album, i started making pages that sum up a season with daily life type of photos that normally wouldn't make it into the album or to document events that i have only one photo from.

washi tape detail. yay! shake shack shroom burger. double YAY!

this is terrifying for me so please be nice! especially since in this album, i branched out an tried out several new things. i've been scrapbooking since high school but for the first time, i'm actively looking to learn new techniques and to see what else is out there. and i'm finding so much inspiration! i'm really excited about how much i'm learning.

happy weekend and rabbit, rabbit, rabbit! 
how is it already june??

3 comments:

  1. Aw I love your scrapebooks! Thanks for sharing a part of your life.

    Btw, I didn't get my license until later too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how did you get into scrapbooking? I've been meaning to do some scrapbooking but I find that after too much time has passed, I lose inspiration and I can never decide what should be included and what should be left out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi justina! a good way to get started is to begin with a smaller project. mini albums or an album covering a single theme or event is a good way to test the waters. i started in high school and my first album was of photos from dances :) i used to scrap every photo i had and it took some time for me to learn to be more selective. try to pick the ones that best tell the story you want to tell. include photos you love, events that you want to remember... bottom line, there is no wrong way to scrapbook. try new things and experiment to see what works best for you! good luck!

    ReplyDelete